Monday, June 18, 2012

Chili Maple Pork Chops


Chili Maple Pork Chops

While at the Fancy Food Show in Washington, DC the other day I met with a young company who sold Maple Syrup products. I very impressed and wanted to work with the company when she told me that a portion of all sales went into funding climate research, local farming efforts and sustainable forest stewardship.  All of these things are important to me when I choose which Artisan products I want to work with. And while I was not looking to add maple syrup to my store I did change my mind and you will soon be seeing a line of GREAT maple syrup products. In the meantime here is a great combination of chili and maple syrup.

Ingredients:
6 – I inch thick pork chops
¼ cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 and ½ teaspoons sea salt
½ teaspoon chili powder
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
¼ cup maple syrup
¼ cup water

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  In large fraying pan lightly brown pork chops.  Arrange in flat baking dish which has a cover or cover with foil to bake.  Mix together onion, vinegar, Worcestershire Sauce, salt, chili powder, pepper, maple syrup and water, pour over pork chops cover and bake 45 minutes. Basting occasionally. Uncover and bake 15 more minutes.  Remove pork chops to a plate. Pour sauce back into frying pan and thicken with flour, making a gravy. Pour over pork chops and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment